Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I'm Late, I'm Late, you know the rest


Well, already I’m behind. (I did say once a week, right)?  I am still catching up from Christmas and tax season is upon us.  I can’t seem to run fast enough.  I know you know the feeling!
I made aprons for the girls in the family before Christmas and that was enough to make me fall behind on the cosmetic bags that I made to hold their other gifts.  (I always give up and give gift cards to the guys).  I went small this year and loaded the cosmetics bags up with anything that fit in the bag like sterling rings, bracelets and necklaces, along with new cosmetics.  By new I mean those things you see in ads but can’t seem to find in the stores yet.  (Amazon does it again).  I also added my contribution to the girls’ safety with these….
I'm fitting in other sewing around work.  It doesn’t matter that Bill and I closed the business 2 years ago we still have five clients who insist they don’t know what we are talking about and “Oh yeah, here are my books and things from last year.  When will my taxes be done?”  We indulge them while we can.  This means that tax season has me preparing financials and Bill working on tax returns and both of us busier than we want to be.  I guess there is something to be said for being needed!
Max is busy finding new places to sleep.  We have released him from his crate and while he enjoys sleeping on the bed—all over the bed, he also tries out new things like the couch, his bed in the office, and my cold sewing room floor. Our bed was always Macy’s place to sleep and she did not share.  So, he went peacefully into his crate every night as if to say that it wasn’t worth arguing about.  Now the world is his sleepy time oyster and he is making the most of it.


Next post I will tell you about my current knitting and crocheting projects.  They do exist!

Life is good.


2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Max is adorable and he seems to know it. I bet the aprons and loaded cosmetic bags were a hit with the gals.

Katherine said...

Hi Nancy,
The aprons and cosmetics bags were the best idea I've had for Christmas! I'm wondering what I will do for an encore. And Max, oh yes he is adorable and such a good boy. Bill and I got lucky with our dogs!