Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Of The Same And A Review


I've been using the little time I've had to comment on my blog buddies blogs but have had no time to post myself.  It was touch and go for a while.  GD#3 had some internal bleeding after surgery.  After two units of blood they took her back for more surgery.  What a week!  We are all groggy after a week of sitting, waiting, sleeping, more sitting in the hospital.  So, when she was sent home a couple days ago we all fell down and slept like we were hibernating.  I sat in a chair to knit--and went to sleep.  We sat down to watch a movie--and slept.  We gave up and went to bed and slept soundly until almost 10:00 this morning.  When I called DD and asked how their night went she said they had done the same--sleep, sleep and more sleep.  I guess we are ALL recovering!
 
It goes without saying that not much knitting has been done.  I did grab two skeins of wool and cast on for a felted case for my new Kindle.  DH ordered me a Kindle Fire as an early Christmas gift.  One of the neat things about the Fire is that I will be able to read magazines  (as in knitting magazines) in color.  I can surf the net for patterns and store them on the Amazon Cloud.  I can listen to audio books, download from our local library and watch movies and TV shows.  If I sound like an advertisement for Kindle it's probably true!  I am a techno freak--one of those people who wants every gizmo that comes out.  I've said many times that if I had to give up all my e-toys and could keep just one, it would be my Kindle and that goes double for the Fire!!

I think life is back to normal so I will get back to trying to get some work done without falling asleep every 10 minutes.  I have been known to doze at my computer .  Do any of you do that?  I'll be typing along or doing research and my head drops to my chest but it's okay because I've seen other people here do the same thing.  Nobody ever said accounting is exciting stuff! 
 
Thanks for all your prayers!!  Life is good.

3 comments:

SissySees said...

I have to be in bed to sleep, it seems...

Glad everyone is now on the mend. Tell me more, more, more about your Fire! I have a Nook (of the not-back-lit-screen variety) but of course, the mere name of this one tempts me...

Prayers for speedy, complete recoveries!

Katherine said...

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts! About the Fire, it really is--on fire! I am enjoying it more than I thought possible. I recommend it to anyone who wants a good backlit e-reader with web and app capabilities.

kathy b said...

More prayers your way and sleep is underrated. YOU NEED it > SO glad GD is better.
I think your Kindle love is cute!! I didnt know about magazines.

I dont fall asleep at the computer, but I never say never!!!