Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mélange Malabrigo



First, the last beautiful remnants of Valentine's Day.




And now knitting....


The set is set. What started with the Malabrigo Autumn Forrest hat, ended with a hat, scarf and fingerless mitts set done in a Rojo Intenso and Arrecife Malabrigo combination. This is what I mean when I say, “What I start out with isn’t always what it ends up to be.”

That’s a weird sort of creativity! I discovered, mid-way through the scarf, that the Rojo Intenso was much too bold for the Autumn Forrest. It took something as audacious as Arrecife to stand up. I think the colors blend well, and the hat, scarf and mitts are certainly warm. Because warm was the objective, I’m happy.

I have developed a passion for Malabrigo! It is soft—almost as soft as the cashmere I am using for a pink hat. In addition, it comes in beautiful, exciting colorways. I am 40 inches into a feather and fan scarf using an olive and black variegated Malabrigo. I’m already thinking, “I want to wear this scarf year-round.” It is somewhat amazing to me that a yarn can be so versatile that it lends itself to bulky patterns as well as lace. Surely, it is one of the most versatile yarns around. I once said that I would keep buying Blue Moon’s Socks That Rock until I have a pair of socks in every colorway. Now I have developed the same passion for Malabrigo, and don’t want to stop until I have a knitted item in every color. Maybe I’ll knit a sweater or vest next. I wish you all a lifetime full of STR and Malabrigo!

1 comment:

wendy said...

Looks great!!
I love Malabrigo yarn too. I still haven't tried STR yet.