Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Christmas Year-Round

Blue Moon Fibers Socks That Rock in the Christmas Balls colorway—ultra festive. I used a cute little dippity-doo pattern on the leg called Little Shells by Judy Sumner, from the Yahoo Knitlist group. I also used the STR heavyweight yarn for a change. It was much heavier than I’m used to, and produced a stout, tight weave using size #3 needles. They will be great socks for the winter, but not summer socks by any stretch of the imagination. All of you who live in cold country might want to try this yarn. I guarantee it will keep your feet warm!

So another pair finished and I immediately started STR in Rhodinite, a hot pink and purple blend. Now I am in a hurry to finish the Rhodinite socks because I have just ordered STR in the Little Bunny Foo Foo colorway (chocolate and pink), and I can’t wait to get started. I might even give the Rhodinite socks to DD. How many pairs of pink socks can one woman use anyway?

Other news—I have been working with a web development group to create a new web site for Comfort Zone Needles. The old one has been with the same host for two years and we are finding that it will not perform some of the functions that we want to offer to our customers. The new site will include a new blog, which I hope will stimulate me to post more often (at least every other day). I have been promised that everything will transition seamlessly, and link with the present site and blog for a while. This will all be taking place over the next two to three months, and is more exciting than I can tell you. It would seem to mean that Comfort Zone is growing, and the way needles are flying out the door, I would say it is true! More info as changes occur.

Life is good….

6 comments:

wendy said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Anonymous said...

I found your store site through a link on the Knitters Review Forum and was quite interested in your design of joinless circular needles. Any update as to when they might be available?

Katherine said...

Barbara,
The joinless circs are still on the drawing board, but at least closer than before. We hope to go into production of test needles soon. I try to keep track of people who ask about them so I can notify you all when we have test needles to distribute. We will need all the input we can get.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katherine,

I sent you an email this morning about this same subject so you'll have my email addy. I have one #5 plastic joinless cir, which I really like, that I have no clue where I bought. I'm looking forward to seeing your circs. Good luck,
Barb

kathy b said...

STR colorway is lovely. We are taking a fieldtrip for STR yarns this week. I cannot wait.

Katherine said...

Wow! That sounds like a fun trip. I'm afraid that if I went on that fieldtrip I would come back with STR to exceed life expectancy. Have fun, and buy, buy, buy!