Sunday, May 06, 2012

It Keeps Getting Better

There may not be much knitting content here but I just have to say that the scene beyond our fence keeps getting better and better!!  I spend most evenings on the patio with a glass of iced tea and my knitting.  I listen to an audiobook or just to the birds singing, and watch the wildflowers wave in the breeze.  If it is too warm (93 degrees) I turn on the misters and watch the birds surf through the mist for a little cooling of their own.  It is a lovely way to wind down on these ever warming days.

A few evenings back I was comparing the flowers, butterflies and birds to the colors I happen to be knitting with at this time.  A duck on a small pond created by Wednesday night's rain with a turquoise blue neck the same color as Easy-Peasy Shawl, a green Hummingbird the same color as my current sock project, a sunset the color of the coral afghan I have been crocheting for far too long (that crochet stuff still gets to my hands).  I need to knit something the colors of the Red Winged blackbird and Cardinal that showed up on our feeder. 

 
The audiobook I've been listening to is Stephen King's 11/22/63.  I am not ready to give this book a rave review because I am 4 or 5 hours into it and the main character still isn't in Dallas.  It is dragging a bit to say the least, but the concept of time travel and changing the past is one that fascinates me so I am not ready to give up on the book.   The thought that history might be changed, if someone went back in time and prevented the event, is more than interesting.  If any of you have read this book perhaps you can give me an incentive like, say, telling me exciting things are within another 15 minutes of listening.

Finally, I must thank dear Grace of Lovin Comfort Knits for sharing information about her success with Weight Watchers.  I joined WW and have well and truly lost weight.  Not in any mega range, but enough to keep me working at it!  We must dare to believe!!

Life is good.

4 comments:

kathy b said...

I'd love to come and sit with you!! your matching of bird and natures colors to your knitting is something I TRY to do too.

Love our little quiet post today.
Hooray for WEight watchers and of course for Grace

SissySees said...

Congrats! WW does work. I'm coming up on one year at my goal weight.

Your view sounds fabulous.

Nancy said...

Congratulations on your weight loss progress. Keep up the good work!

Grace said...

are'nt you a little secret keeper, I am so glad WW is working for you---I have hit a bit of a plateau but am hoping it is over soon, I keep gaining and loosing the same 2 pounds.