Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Late! I'm Late For a Very Important Date


I came awake this morning when I entered the date into a spreadsheet--August 18th.  That's half way through August and more than half way through the year.  I have not started knitting a single Christmas gift.  I haven't even decided what to knit!  So, to take my mind off of all things spreadsheet related I started searching for gift patterns.  Doesn't get the work done but it is a lot more fun.  

There are a lot of really great gift ideas out there in knitting land, but I am a utilitarian type of knitter so scarves, shawls, socks, hats, etc. are my favorite knits.  Add to that the fact that just when I think I have gifted one too many hats or scarves, someone asks me if I can knit them another.  So, utilitarian it is!!
 
The world famous (among knitters) Noro scarf has been loved by my family for years now and there are two family members who have never received one.  Done--that's two.  Then, two of the Grandchildren can't get enough silly hats like last year's Dragon hat.  Bam, two more--the Dead Fish Hat.  I'm on a roll!  DIL#2 mentioned she needs a cashmere cowl and DIL#1 needs a blue shawl to go with a particular dress.  Watch out!  I'm getting dangerous. 
 
Anyway, another half hour of pattern surfing tomorrow and I will be well on the way to getting Christmas knitting off the ground!  I may even start looking for yarn--right after I finish this spreadsheet!

Life is good.

5 comments:

Grace said...

i know what you mean I have to do my wait staff scarves and I think I am going to do my favorite corporate whispers in Lion Brand Incredible for them !! Teenagers seem to love it. For the family don't know yet!!

Katherine said...

'Tis the season. Right? And there is no such thing as too many scarves or shawls! Knit on Grace!!

kathy b said...

Oh you got lotsa time !!!! Great plans .......everyone will be thrilled

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

You are way ahead of me haven't begun planning for Christmas yet.(((Hugs))))Darcy

Katherine said...

'm not the world's fastest knitter so when my planning lags I know something will not be finished. Hope you have some good Christmas ideas. I saw a cute cap on Wendy Bernard's blog (http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/) yesterday and thought how cute your girls would be wearing it. I've seen them on your blog and Grace's blog and they are precious!