Saturday, August 13, 2011

Redux

Once again the sadly frogged Catherine sock #1 is mid-instep length, now with the right heel.  I have decreased to 13 stitches on each needle (52 stitches) for fit, but that means I had to give up my 9 inch circular needle and insert the CZs.  I would never have guessed how much I would enjoy knitting a sock with a 9" circ! 
 
Pretty in Pink (done in Tiffany Glass colorway) is nearing the end of the first half and making me feel the hope of finishing someday.  I shouldn't complain (but I do it so well) because I realized that I have knit three sweaters since January 2011. 

My next undertaking--GS#4's weird Christmas hat.  Last year it was the dragon hat and this year it is the Dead Fish Hat.  His head fits in the mouth of the fish making it just the kind of crazy thing he loves.  Also, I love the fact that when he takes it off he will display his recent mohawk haircut.  Do kids get anymore wonderful?
 
This week's wonderful surprise:  Sweet Grace's beautiful Lovin' Comfort Shawl as a 10000th commenter award!  If you don't have this pattern you should get it!  Thanks so much Grace! 

Speaking of wonderful, the hot, hot weather has given us more time to discover annoying cute traits in the two dogs, Macy and Max.  It's too hot for them to spend a lot of time in the play yard so they hang out in our office all day and take their playtime there. 
 
Life is good!
 

7 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

Yeah for the Catherine sock! It's lookin' good. I'm glad you like the 9" circular. Three sweaters?! since the beginning of the year? I am still working on the back of mine (which I haven't touched in two months). I guess I need to get it back out.
The shawl is very pretty. I have yet to finish a shawl.

Katherine said...

Oh I do like the 9" circs so much. I will be forever grateful to you for the tip!! I have found, for me, the secret to completing sweaters is to not knit anything else until it is finished. I'm not living up to my own resolve right now because I am knitting Pretty in Pink and the Catherine Socks at the same time. Sometimes we just need a little diversion!

Carol said...

That's a lovely shawl. Hopefully the weather cooperates and cools down a bit so you can wear it! My cats are currently doing hteir best impression of cat shaped fur rugs it's so hot...

Lulu said...

looks nice..
cute doggie.

kathy b said...

ahhhh !! Dog on table..I LOVE IT. looks like a kitty cat pose!

SissySees said...

I was about to comment on the pretty knitting but then that adogable face distracted me. What a doll...

Katherine said...

Thank you. She is very photogenic!