Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Have My Priorities Straight



Have you ever seen anything like the bendiness in that needle? This is why I love Comfort Zone needles. They bend beyond reason. The second photo shows the same needle resting and straight after its ferocious struggle with my hands while knitting Bunny Foo Foo. It is ready for another fierce row. I have been using this set of size #2s for two years and they still keep ticking along. CZs never leave marks on my fingers, or make my hands ache. Love ‘em!

I am in the throes of a knitting quandary, what to do, what to do. I have only so much time to knit between tax clients, before we leave for GD#1’s college graduation in Minnesota on April 28th. I finished one scarf, but I need the other scarf too, and I need the hat, and I need the socks. I think I can get everything finished, but it is going to require knitting like the wind after April 15th.

I believe DH thinks I’ve been slacking off on the accounting and taxes, but I don’t call it slacking off when I knit during phone calls or after one client leaves and before calling another in. I call it efficient use of time. Also, knitting while doing computer research, and knitting during morning planning meetings is a resourceful use of time, and not the least unprofessional. Geesh, why can’t men get on board with these things? It’s as simple as this, knitting makes me happy and relaxed, and taxes don’t. I wonder if it would seem more acceptable if I knitted an illusion scarf with a picture of a 1040 on it. I’ll have to work on that…right after April 15th.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is pretty impressive bending! I'm hoping to try out my CZ needles sometime soon (after sock madness, I think!).