Saturday, March 05, 2011

Rhapsody In Blue


Ah ecstasy--there is great progress on the blue Cashmerino sweater.  The back and front pieces have been stitched together and the sleeves started.  I realized yesterday that I need a shorter circular needle since I decided to knit the sleeves on instead of sewing on after knitting them flat.  I've ordered a 16 inch needle and I'm working on the big collar while I wait for the needle to arrive.  
 
I have also started the EZ Summer Cardi with Knit Picks Palette.  I said in the last post that it is lace weight.  We all know that's not right!!  Palette is fingering weight.  I always seem to have problems with lace weight yarn so fingering weight is about the lightest weight I use.  Anyway, the sweater is airy and peachy and promises to be very pretty.

I received the yarn for a scarf I like a lot.  Knitting Daily recently posted the chart for a fair isle scarf  called Ajiro.  Since I can calculate the number of stitches needed for myself, I do not need to buy the pattern.  Is that cheating?  It might be under different circumstances but the writer outlined exactly how to make the scarf, including the ends, so I don't feel like I am stealing the pattern.  What do you think?  On the other hand I am told that the book the pattern comes from is a good source of information for fair isle knitting, especially dealing with long floats.  So if you are interested in great patterns and sound knitting instruction you might want to buy Vintage Modern Knits.  I'm hoping the plug will make up for me making the scarf without buying the book!
 
Our family visitors moved into their new home last week and we took the opportunity (while the big guys were moving things) to add some new furniture pieces and spiffy up the living room and guest room.   We added something I have wanted to get for a long time--a new recliner for DH.  In order to fit it into the room we had to remove the loveseat that was Macy's perch.  I hope he enjoyed the recliner for the five minutes Macy let him sit in it because now it is hers!  She seems to think it is much more comfortable than her old back-of-loveseat accommodations.  Dh says he has always preferred sprawling on the couch anyway.  It's a good thing!!
 
Oh, I almost forgot--one mitt is finished.  Yippee!

Life is good.

3 comments:

kathy b said...

The firemen in our town call the lazy boys: BUBBA
s. Have you heard of this So funny that Macy loved it right away...of course

Your mitt came out adorable. .here's to the second

Katherine said...

That is so funny! I haven't heard that before and I live in BUBBA land. LOL

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Indeed life is good! Another time you might try using the "magic loop" method when you need to knit a smaller area on circular needles (saves on buying needles).

I love the idea of knitting a sweater with fingerling yarn ~