Monday, April 04, 2011

A Whole Lotta Curling Going On


The blue sweater is ready to be worn but the piggy buttons from Kathyb's fun swap, which I was counting on, are not going to work.  I made the button holes too small and now I need small round buttons that will slide through the silly-tiny holes.  Now EZ Cardigan is moving on and I couldn't be happier!  It will be so thrilling to have two sweaters finished in less than four months.  
 
I was not sure about knitting with fingering weight wool (I'm using Knit Picks Palette).  I kept  thinking that it might take longer to knit a sweater with thin yarn and small needles and I might get bored and quit/frog.  Not true!  Actually the fine yarn seems to make the knitting smoother and faster. 

BUT there is a whole lotta curling going on with this sweater!!  Because it is knit all in one piece I can't block or press each piece before joining.  Without the blocking it is curling around the neck, around the arm holes, around the bottom--I just keep knitting and it keeps curling.  When I look down at it in my lap it is just a big ball of peach wool and I have to paw through it to find the edge and start a new round.  I know there's a sweater in there somewhere!
 
I grabbed an arm load of Simply Soft and started what I am calling "Multicolored, Shawl of Many Textures."  Even if it doesn't turn out to be a pretty as I think it will, you can't beat Simply Soft for a shawl.  It will be warm, soft and flowing.  I can't wait!
 
Finally, to satisfy my multiproject desires I started Malabrigo Wristlets.  No fingers, no thumbs, just ruffled warmth around the wrists and hands.  Ummmmm!!

Life is good!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Okay I must have the malabrigo wristlet pattern.... soooo cute!
Love yours