Friday, April 19, 2013

Change Is Good



I am back to my regular knitting schedule now that tax season is over.  I finished another pair of fingerless mitts and started another pair of mittens.  Mitts and mittens are the chosen gift of the year and I am well on the way to being ready for Christmas—if I can just stop giving them away before December.


On the subject of change, almost two years ago I got new glasses and was fortunate to purchase the absolute best eyeglass frames I have ever had!  They are those singular, once in a lifetime frames that look good, feel good and get “Wow I like your eyeglass frames” comments.  I truly never thought I would change them and actually worried about what I would do if they broke, or I lost them, or they just became old and weak.  Thank you Michael Kors!!
Old glasses:




During a discussion with the eye doctor last week I admitted that I am one of a growing number of people who spend more than 2 hours at a computer each day.  Actually I spend 6 or 7 hours at a computer then after work I read on a Kindle and/or knit, which is known as close work in vision jargon.  After establishing that I have CVS (Computer Vision Syndrome) which makes it hard to focus after being in front of a monitor for so long, she recommended CVx.  CVx is a new lens that helps the eye relax during computer/close work and aids in refocusing afterward.  Note: I find that my distance vision benefits from the lenses as well.
New Glasses:
 


Unfortunately the lenses would not fit in my beloved frames and even though I did get a new prescription for them I doubt I will ever wear them again.  The reason is that the new lenses are better than anything I have ever had before.  I don’t think I will have people stop me and ask to buy my eyeglass frames right off of my face (as I did with the Michael Kors glasses) but the new glasses are Ralph Lauren and retro fashionable.  That can’t be all bad!


Life is good.
 



3 comments:

SissySees said...

I've been thinking I might not wait another year for my regularly scheduled eye exam, and those lenses might be the trick. I too spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen and every once in a while, I have trouble focusing when I step/look away...

Nancy said...

One of the most stressful things to purchase is the frame of my eyeglasses.

kathy b said...

Never heard of CVS and LOVE the Ralph laurels

I love anything Ralph...

Im so happy you are back to your regularly scheduled
Knitting!!!

We are watching Ernie Banks talk about a game he Managed...and he was the first African American to manage a Major league game.

He sweetly said he congratulated himself,
I said, thank you Ernie you did a great job!"