Thursday, March 02, 2006

Graduation Day


I've graduated from a simple straw basket (lined, as it is) to a new, improved BagSmith bag. Wow, am I organized! It holds all of my knitting equipment, and as of now, three projects--the vest, and two sock projects. You can see that it would hold a lot more, so I have to resist the urge to fill it up. The back pocket can't be seen in this picture, but it is long and wide and will hold lots of patterns. It also has a shoulder strap that clips on to the handles. I took it to house sit yesterday at DD's while workmen put carpet in the newly finished upstairs rooms. I had plenty of knitting with me, and several recorded episodes of The Closer to view, so I had a nice relaxing day--right? Wrong! Every 10 minutes I had to run upstairs to answer a question--which was usually, "How does this look?" Man, they were a bunch of prima donnas.

I finished the Sockapalooza Sock Pal socks, and am very happy with them. The size requirements seem right-on, and the color is gorgeous. I'll post a picture of them next Tuesday for the update. So, now I'm knitting some orange Blauband using a double strand and a US #2 so I will have a tight weave, and a little thicker sock. After that, it's on to the new skein of Blue Moon in the Carbon colorway. At the same time, there is a bunch Regia waiting for me...could life get any better.

No comments: