Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello Tech Support?

                                                Slouch beanie from Blue Moon sock yarn.



I’m getting a lot of knitting done while I hold on the line waiting for tech support for our accounting software, which will NOT print W-2s--just a little snafu in the accounting world (queue sarcastic laughter).  Clients keep calling and asking, “When will we get our W-2s?  Answer: same sarcastic laughter.  You see, I tell them, I have been on hold with tech support for 4 hours and 13 minutes.  Today!  I had to plug my phone into the charger because the battery was running down.  Yesterday it was 3 hours and 32 minutes waiting for a live chat representative.  I was down to 2 ahead of me when they said, “We’re sorry but this session has timed out,” AND THEY DROPPED OFF!!  Can you believe it?  We pay a fair amount for our accounting software and just pardon me if I believe it should WORK!!  To top it off, they play lousy music while you wait!

Okay, I’m over that now and knitting furiously in my attempt to achieve calm.  What would we do if we could not knit, quilt, weave, spin, crochet…?  There would be a lot more insanity in the world.  I guess I would read, watch TV, cook, take long walks, but I already do all that stuff and I still need knitting to be whole!! 


I’m hoping I will be blogging more often this year.  I said that last year and it didn’t happen, but this year I have The Note.  My new Samsung Galaxy Note has an app that allows me to write notes to myself with a stylus.  I wrote my entire last post on it and then downloaded it and printed it.  So now I can write where ever I am and be ready to post when I get back to the computer.  That should make it easier and faster right?  (queue that sarcastic laughter again)!!


BTW that little bit of basil I was trying to grow in the herb planter—it’s gone.  I can only assume one of the dogs ate it.  Probably the one with good breath!

Life is good.

 


5 comments:

Nancy said...

"Tech Support" seems a cousin to "Customer Service" and just as nonexistent. You are more patient than I would be. Hope all is well now.

SissySees said...

You gotta' be kidding me. But that's why we're always one of the last businesses our CPA visits to with those W-2s... someone else can work out the bugs!

Don't you love the note app?! I panicked for 0.3 seconds on Sunday when I couldn't find my precious notebook, and then I remembered my iPad and iPhone have note apps! Score!!

Wish Sissy would eat basil. We're still not spraying that tooth stuff regularly (I never think about it when she isn't about to eat) and her breath stinks!

kathy b said...

I hope you can post more. I LOVE Your posts, your thoughts, your pictures.....Katherine.

SOrry about the tech issues...ugh that is so frustrating.

I need to be calm too and knitting really helps. I really need knitting just the way you described so beautifully.

kathy b said...

I need knitting to be whole.....I LOVE That ...
Its my favorite quote. Im adding it to my blog with your name...

Marti said...

Wow! I cannot imagine holding that long. Maybe that is why my daughters W2's are taking so long to get here.

I don't know where I'd be without my knitting....