Friday, January 18, 2013

Thinking Ahead


Someone thought it would be funny to put this sign on my door.   Okay, so some days are “Come in and have a cup of coffee” days and some days are, “did you really open that door and walk in?” days!  Fortunately things have been going well this week (W-2s are done) and I would love to share a cup of tea or coffee if you want to join me.  Today I’m all about future knitting plans…. 
 
I have been thinking about what I want to knit for Christmas 2013 gifts.  Yes I do plan ahead!  Last year I didn’t plan early enough and was caught short of knitting time.   If you think no one appreciates your knitted offerings, just lay off the knitted gifts for a year and listen to the complaints and whining!!  The outcry actually caused me to take socks from my drawer and give them to DD to get her through to her next pair of knitted-by-mom socks.  I was also surprised by the statement from GS#3 when he opened an extra Bears team hat I had left over.  “Grandma, you always come through for me!”  Even GS#1’s wife (GDIL?) asked, “Grandma didn’t knit this year?”
So, here is what I’m thinking—hats, socks and fingerless gloves.  Three years ago I made gloves with fingers but I have decided that men like fingerless gloves too.  I know this to be fact because DH has appropriated an old pair of mine for taking out the garbage in 30 degree weather.  Hats are always wanted/needed and I happen to like the beanie style that is showing up in lots of patterns these days.  Like this crochet hat from Knit Picks, or this knitted beanie, or this one done with Paton’s Kroy sock yarn.

I have never knit with Knit Pick’s Chroma (70% wool and 30% nylon) but I’ve heard good things about it.   When I received my order of Watercolor and Grey to stripe a beanie, I realized right away that it is very pleasing to the senses.  I’ve been petting it since it came into the house!!


Macy and Max are getting jealous.

Life is good!
 




3 comments:

Nancy said...

I've wondered about the Chroma, so I will be anxious to hear about your knitting experience with it.

Love the sign on your door - too funny!

SissySees said...

Love the sign on the door, the sweet puppy faces, and the scarflette I have made from chroma - maybe two of 'em even? Hmmm... If you care, I can check Ravelry and see what my friends did indeed knit with?

kathy b said...

I love the looks of all 3 hats you've highlighted. I like how they dont come to the end in a traditional fitted top....they are kind of slouchy.....so cool.

I Love that your knitting was missed. How would you ever REALLY know if you hadn't skipped last year!!!

I gave some socks this past Chirstmas and the 3 men's hats I blogged about, and a shawl. Hmmmm I best begin thinking about this years GIFTS .....

THe BLACKHAWKS are on the ICE~!! Happy times in our house