Saturday, November 19, 2005

And Another Thing


This is something I didn't plan to add to my Christmas gifties, but I will now. I found it stuffed away, 2/3rds done and just begging to be finished and given to someone. I don't even know what the yarn is--maybe Lion Brand Imagine, which I think is a mohair blend. It's really pretty and so warm I would be tempted to keep it if I still lived in Chicago. It makes me feel good to pick up and finish something I started umpteen years ago. I can't even remember why I didn't finish it then. It was probably too warm for Texas and I had socks to knit instead. I think (hope) it will be liked by the person who receives it. Christmas knitting is coming along!

We spent the day driving new cars. We really liked the Ford Five Hundred. That's how it's written on the car, not Ford 500, but FIVE HUNDRED, and for that they charge you a whole bunch more money. It's an SUV pretending to be a sedan--unique and totally plush. Still, it is a lot more than we expected to spend. Then we drove the Ford Escape, sort of a mini-SUV and again, a totally pleasant driving experience. Our son insisted that we try the Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, another mini-SUV with good performance and a five star safety rating. The safety rating is more important to me than to the guys (DH and our two good cop, bad cop negotiating sons). I have a real need to be in an M-1 A-1 Abrams the next time someone comes out of nowhere and involves me in their accident. The bottom line is that it only takes money. Add to that the fact that car salesmen just don't understand "We can't afford that," and it makes car shopping the pits! This too shall pass....

No comments: