Thursday, February 02, 2006

Opal!

The first Opal Dreamcatcher sock is coming along. I'm knitting with US #2 dpn's--not my favorite thing to do. I don't like to knit with anything smaller than a #3, but I do it when necessary. Using Comfort Zone needles helps a lot with comfort, but it seems like a project on #2's just goes on and on and on. I can't imagine how long it takes to knit a sock with #0's, and I'm not going to find out! I have to say, the Opal is great. I'm still loving the colors even if they are mostly a dull gray.

I got the yarn today for my Sockapaloooza socks. It's Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks That Rock yarn in the Cobalt Bloom colorway. Sooooo soft and yummy, I can't wait to start--which I will do as soon as the gray socks are finished. I may cast on sooner, but the "head-down" knitting will begin after the Dreamcatchers are on my feet.

I was really tickled by the comment on yesterday's entry. It's from my sock pal--the one who is knitting socks for me. I'm so excited about the promise of "over the top" socks, and I am one who enjoys over the top stuff!! I am currently wearing the Koolaid dyed lime green "Kiwi Waffle" socks. I had my hair cut this morning, and you know how your socks show at the bottom of your jeans when you sit down. Another customer came and hiked up my pants leg and said, "those are wild!" Yup, that's me, wild woman. Just ask my kids. Having six of them will make anyone wild.

No comments: