Saturday, October 08, 2005

All Good Things



All good things must come to an end. The Hollyberry socks are done, and these socks were a joy to knit. Now that they are finished I can't wait to start the next pair. I have a pastel pink and green varigated yarn that I want to start, but DD told me yesterday that she needs something with purple in it. I'm planning to do a lace heart pattern down both sides of the socks, and since the design won't show to full advantage with the varigated yarn, I am on the way out now to buy purple. Purple and hearts??? I guess it could work. I also have some WoolEase in white with a bit of glitter added to make another pair of the "So Cute Super Socks" that I love so much.

Lest you think that I am stuck on socks again, I finished another bag. So there. This one is the bluebonnet blue and hot tulip pink (pictures after felting). It's really pretty, but bright. I haven't quite decided who it will live with--me, me, me. No, no, no she says, these are for Christmas gifts. Me, me, me doesn't get one until after the gifts are all done!

Just have to say that I am truly impressed with the way JoAnn's is improving their yarn assortments. The wool yarns available, and the fingering yarns that can be adapted to sock knitting are getting much better. There is still a big gap in the true sock yarn, but if we all send email messages about "more sock yarn" it might help. They seem to want to adapt to the market--and the nice thing is that almost everyone has a JoAnn's within driving distance. It could become the next best thing to online yarn ordering. Okay, I can dream can't I?