Monday, October 03, 2005

The So Cute Super Sock



They are so cute that I want to make several pairs. This is the Knitty Gritty pattern, and is extremely easy. You just knit ribbing for two 1/2 to three inches, knit the heel in your favorite method, and sail to the toe. Both socks done in two evenings using #6 dpn's--how easy can it get? Because they are done using Lion Brand WoolEase they are very warm and cozy. Winter is coming and I need warm and cozy for my feet. I tried them on with sneakers and they felt great. Then, I tried them on with ankle boots, and they were even better.

So, I bought red WoolEase, and yellow sport weight WoolEase, and started making some in heather green for my son who walks to work from the train station in downtown Chicago all winter. It took one skein of the marine blue for the socks shown, but I got two skeins for the much longer socks I'm making for DS. I'm making his socks with an eight inch leg, including two inches of ribbing. Still, it only took one evening to knit the leg and heel, and get about an inch into the gusset.

I'm starting a pair of pink lace socks now (sock weight yarn and #2 needles), but I can't wait to get back to what I'm calling the "Super Sock."