Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Kiwi Waffle Heaven


Who said it's not easy being green? Kermit aside, I love having green feet! The Kiwi Waffle socks are finished and (now) on the feet. BTW, the pink, blue (yes it’s really blue not green) and purple variegated seen on the lower right is for another LeBeret. I started another pair of socks in pink and purple Knit Picks Dancing sent to me by Kris for Christmas. I have never knit with Dancing before, and I think the socks will be a dream to wear. The yarn has some stretch to it.

But, before more socks, or I should say in addition to more socks, I am taking a side trip into cables and twists with an Irish Seaman’s scarf. I started this one twice. On the first try something went wrong, or I just wasn’t understanding the pattern as written. I ripped it out after five or six rows and started over, and this time it seems to be going fine. Don’t know why I wanted to do this, especially since I am knee deep in the variegated sweater vest (the back is almost done), but the pattern was calling out to me. I may be calling out for help before it’s over.

On the work front, I wish I had kept my mouth shut when I mentioned
W-2 printing always being a dramatic event. I have angered the form-printing gods, and they are causing end-of-year form printing to be more than dramatic…they are going to be the end of my career. Oh well, I wanted to retire anyway! I know, I know, I’m whining. According to DH it’s what I do best. But I happen to believe that I knit better than I whine. Maybe....

No comments: