Monday, August 29, 2005

It's In The Bag



Betnat's Lana bag--machine version of the Booga Bag. This took about two hours on the machine (Bond USM), plus seaming and felting time, and left to go to my SIL's Mom in Canada today. I love it so much I want to make a dozen or so of them for Christmas gifts, and one for myself of course! While it was felting in the washer I was knitting a cotton face cloth out of Bernat's Cotton Tots. It seems I'm keeping Bernat going at the moment. The cloth is so soft and the honeycomb pattern is a pretty design. I also cast on for the green Parade sock and got the ribbing done. I'm ready to start the cables. I'm knitting lickety-split.

Don't know if we will get any storms from the hurricane, but it is cooler here in Texas today. I'm praying for all those people in New Orleans, Gulfport and Biloxi. I sat out a hurricane (Carla) there 40+ years ago. It was scary stuff. I hope by morning Katrina will be downgraded to a tropical storm as it goes inland.

No comments: