Saturday, July 09, 2005

But I Want To Knit!








I wake up on Saturday morning thinking "Wow, I can knit on my blue lace sweater all day." But it never seems to happen. I do take my knitting with me everywhere I go, and I drag it around with me as I clean the kitchen, scrub floors and dust, etc. I have been known to stand at the kitchen sink with the water running, knitting a sock out of a little bag slung over my arm. My husband, bless him, just shakes his head in wonder, and mumbles something about water conservation.

On Wednesday I will have the chance to knit all day long!!! I've never been so glad to be called for jury duty--yes, all day with nothing to do but sit and knit (unless I'm called for a jury. They wouldn't do that would they?) I'm hoping there is no problem taking my knitting through security with me because they will have to arrest me due to the commotion I cause. I will take all precautions--Denise circs, no scissors just my round yarn cutter. For all I know, they don't even care! It's been a long time since I've been called for jury duty.

Ah, but today it's Saturday, and even though I woke up thinking I would knit all day, it isn't going to happen. I can dream!!

No comments: