Friday, July 22, 2005

Socks and other finished projects












Finished socks--what a sense of accomplishment! I'm also finished with trying to knit with Misti Alpaca. Someone could have told me that it was horrible to knit with! Someone could have warned me. Okay, so I told bunches of people that I was going to knit Lucy's Diamonds with the Misti Alpaca, and no one said a word--like "Ha, ha, ha, it can't be done!" Or, "Let me get this straight, this is your first lace project and you are going to use Misti Alpaca? You're insane!" If I had known then what I know now, I would have run hard and fast away from any mention of lace weight yarn! Well, I tried it and I didn't like it. But I DO like 100% Merino sock weight yarn. So, I pulled out the Sock Garden Geranium and started the lace project all over again. It was okay! It went good for five rounds. I'm not afraid to pick it up again, and maybe even finish it. Plus, the mixed red and green colorway is charming! I can live with this--I can even picture it draped over my shoulders as others ooh and ahh over it.

So, some things can be finished, as in completed, and some things are finished for good, as in knitting with lace weight yarn!! I'm relatively sure I won't try that again for a long while. Life is just better that way.

No comments: