Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Confessions of a Yarnaholic

This blog is so new I guess I don't have to worry too much about a lot of people reading it (if anyone). So I can make a confession without fear of being trampled by a crowd of angry yarn fanatics. Here goes--I love all kinds of yarn! I read a statement just today by someone who says she doesn't allow acrylic yarn to enter her home. If I did that, about half my stash would be gone--poof! I like some acrylics--no, no, I must be honest, I like a lot of the acrylics! There are acrylic and wool blends that are yummy, and soft, fluffy acrylics that create beautiful lace shawls, and I don't care what anyone says, I love Lion Brand Homespun!!! This said, I also confess that I am currently knitting socks with Knit Picks 100% Merino wool sock yarn (Landscapes), and a summer sweater in a sky blue cotton/wool blend. Yup, that's what I said--I love it all! Anyone who says they have never touched an acrylic has missed out on a whole yarn world, and the ability to knit fabrics that perform differently and wear differently, but are still beautiful and, most of all, loved by the knitter! 'Nuff said.

No comments: